routeRANK is a multi-award-winning EPFL-based startup that provides software solutions for travel planning accross the different means of transport. Our patented technology finds and ranks the best possible travel routes, allowing users to sort them according to their priorities such as price, travel time, and CO2 emissions. Our company is on the lookout for new members to join our dynamic, international team.
Software Developers / Web Developers
We are looking for experienced software / web developers to strengthen our development team. An ideal candidate would have:
- A B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 1-3 years software development experience or
A CFC + MPT in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years software development experience
- Strong experience with scripted languages and web technologies such as PHP/Ajax/Ruby/Node.js/AngularJS/SASS/CSS/HTML
- Comfortable working with Linux and development tools such as svn, git, redmine
- Knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB) and database administration is an advantage
- System administration know-how (Linux, AWS) is a plus
- Professional-level spoken and written English
- German language is a definite plus
- Knowing French or Italian is a plus
- Exceptional motivation, ability to work effectively both in team and independently.
System administrator (part-time)
We are looking for an experienced system administrator to strengthen our technical team. More than a strongly skilled person, we are looking for someone with creative ideas to simplify and improve our deployment and data management tools and processes. Our ideal candidate would have:
- A technician degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years system administration experience
- Good experience in running and managing complex web applications on cloud and virtual environments
- Good understanding of GNU/Linux, networking systems and networking tools
- Some experience with scripted languages and web technologies such as PHP/Ajax/Ruby/SQL/CSS/HTML
- Knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL), database administration, cloud stacks and development tools (svn, git, redmine, jira) is an advantage
- Very good spoken and written English
- Good French and/or German is a strong advantage.
We are always interested in hearing from candidates who believe their talents and passion can make a difference. Even if you do not satisfy all of the requirements if you think that overall there is a good fit, feel free to send your application letter and resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer you positions in a friendly startup working environment on the EPFL Innovation Park in Lausanne, Switzerland. We aim to help you develop your career, in terms of technical skills as well as business and customer experience. Join us in Switzerland’s beautiful ‘arc lemanic’ area, work with cutting edge technologies and tools, and have true responsibilities that allow you to make real impact.
We would like to work with a person interested in our technology and motivated to take care of and further extend our growing customer base. We are looking for a person with strong communication and people skills, with initiative and the ability to work independently and responsibly. The ideal candidate wants to make their work matter and cares about the environment as we do.
- Manage the sales process on our standard products
- Support the sales process of our customized products
- Contribute to business development
- Contribute to product management
- Completed Bachelor/Master in HEC or similar
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in full-time positions
- Basic understanding of / ability to communicate about IT
- Full command of standard office software
- Good writing and editorial skills
- Fluent in English, French and German ideally
- Knowledge of / experience in the travel/transport industries would be an asset
What we offer:
- Young, innovative, multi-award-winning and growing company
- An international team with international activities
- Remuneration with success-based component
- A job ‘making meaning’ and contributing to the environment